.ie - under this top-level domain Irish people present themselves
Ireland is famous for beautiful landscapes, good whiskey, renowned dog breeds and a very popular own top-level domain. Domain registrations under .ie, the TLD of the green island are possible for all companies or individuals having a domicile in Ireland as well as for foreign companies who trade with Ireland or have registered a trademark in Ireland.
|Syntax domain name:||minimum 3 characters, maximum 63 characters|
|Minimum registration period:||1 year|
|Maximum registration period:||5 years|
|Pure number domains available?|
|No local contact required?|
|Available for everyone?||No, see further information below in special features|
|Real time registration?|
|No completion of forms required?|
|No documents required?|
|No special information required?||No, see further information below in special features|
|Available at EPAG?|
|No e-mail confirmation required?|
|No fax form required?|
- For transfers and owner changes a forms have to be filled in.
- The registration of .ie domains is possible for all companies or individuals having a domicile in Ireland as well as for foreign companies who trade with Ireland or have registered a trademark that is valid in Ireland (also EU community trademarks and UK and US trademarks).
- The domain name must bear reference to the domain owner. Thus it has to be consistent with the person’s name, the company’s name ore the trademark or be very similar.
- Details about the registry conditions are to be found on the website of the registry under http://www.registry.ie/QuickGuideToRegistrations.php.
- For registrations the number of the register entry of the domain owner (e.g. entry in the registrar of companies) is required.
|1 year registration||89.00 € incl. VAT||(74.79 € excl. VAT)|